"There is nothing remotely fashionable about the torture and death of animals killed for fur."
Still not sure that fur is a cruel and out-of-date fashion tradition?
Please read the following fur facts and think again...
- There are currently no laws to protect animals on fur farms.
- Steel-jaw leghold traps kill and maim dogs, cats, raptors, and numerous other "non-target" species.
- Animals sometimes suffer for days in traps. They are starving, thirsty, and frequently chew their own legs off in an effort to escape.
- On average, it takes 55 wild minks to make one full-length fur coat.
- Despite the information offered by some fur retailers, animals killed for fur live lives of fear and panic, only to then be killed by poisoning, anal electrocution, or having their necks broken.
- Sometimes the animals don't die immediately, and they are skinned while still alive and conscious.
Hopefully you now agree that there is nothing beautiful, glamorous, or sexy about fur, so if you still wear fur or have some old fur items you don't know what to do with, it is time to give them back to the animals!